Dog Ticks: A Guide in Preventing and Treating These Pests in Dogs
One of the most annoying pests that infest pests are ticks. Ticks are not safe for our beloved dogs and to us. When you observe around, you will notice numerous periodicals that offer information about the dangers and health risks brought by ticks to dogs and to pet owners. In this newsletter, you will obtain more ideas and pointers on how to prevent and eradicate ticks in dogs.
The Detrimental Effects of Dog Ticks
1. These pests are unsightly and are hard to remove from the skin of your pets. These pests cannot be seen from our bare eyes as they hid under the dogs fur.
2. Ticks can also transfer to humans as their hosts.
3. Ticks are carriers of diseases in dogs and humans. These diseases income anemia, Lyme disease, skin infections, tick paralysis, and many more.
4. You can also see ticks nesting in our different furniture items like tales, sofa and beds.
Pet owners are advised to check its presence on the skins of your dogs as early detection is vital in successful eradication and treatment. It is also suggested that you check the furs of your pets and yourself after you bring them outdoors and in wooded places. Read this newsletter further to get an insight and tips on how to prevent these pests. Moreover, this newsletter will also give readers insights on the symptoms of tick-borne diseases.
How to Prevent the Bites of Ticks?
Similar to mosquitoes, we can also repel ticks with the use of certain medications and homemade remedies which are further mentioned in this newsletter.
1. For those who are afraid to use over-the-counter medications, then can incorporate garlic and apple cider vinegar in the meals of their dogs. These are awful smells to ticks, thus they will not bite your pets.
2. For those who want safe and sustainable solutions, then can purchase lavender shampoo, geranium rose essential oil, and lemon-infused water from any pet around. Be sure to apply these solutions to the fur of your dogs to prevent these pests from biting your dogs.
3. Be sure to consult your trusted veterinarians for other topical medications.
Where and How to Check for Tick Bites?
1. Be sure to play around with them so as to check signs of tick bites in your dogs. You can run your fingers on their bodies to check for small bumps, rashes, scratches as well as irregularities in your dogs bodies.
2. It is also suggested to regularly check diverse areas of their bodies for signs of ticks such as eyes, under their collars, toes, tails, ears, and legs.
Follow the tips detailed in this newsletter to prevent, to eliminate and to treat ticks in your bodies.